Contact Me

  • Enews Signup to Profile

Help With a Federal Agency

Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate the maze of the federal government. My office can serve as a liaison between you and a federal agency. Some federal agencies you may be familiar with are the Social Security Administration (SSA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Veterans Administration (VA). Below you can find an expanded list of federal agencies my office can assist with, and some examples of the type of assistance provided.

The role of my office when assisting constituents with federal agencies is to make inquiries on your behalf with the respective agencies regarding your situation. This includes: finding out the status of a case, requesting additional information, and requesting an expedited response or decision.

While my office can make inquiries on your behalf, we cannot guarantee a positive outcome in all situations. It is important to note that my office does not have any decision making authority, and the respective agencies have complete discretion concerning decisions on individual cases.

How to obtain assistance from my office:

1. Determine if you reside in Michigan's 14th Congressional District

Congressional courtesy, ethics rules and propriety dictate that each Member of Congress has the honor and responsibility to serve his or her own constituents.

If you aren't sure which Congressional district you live in, please visit the House of Representatives homepage here, enter your nine digit zip code to determine who your representative is.

If you do not know the last four digits of your zip code, please visit the Postal Service ZIP Code Lookup page to find out.

2. Determine if your issue is under the jurisdiction of a federal agency

Check this quick list of federal agencies to see if the issue you are dealing with is with one of these agencies.

If you do not see the agency that you are dealing with listed, or you are uncertain, please call 313-964-9960 and a member of my staff will be pleased to assist with your question.

If your particular issue does not fall under the jurisdiction of a federal agency, please call my office and my staff will direct you to the appropriate non-federal agency, resources or services that may be helpful.

3. Contact my Office

If you determine you require casework assistance from my office, please click on this link and follow the instructions provided. If you have any questions please contact my office by calling 313-964-9960.